On the 11th May at 10.30am, the Irish Cancer Society is hosting a webinar for young cancer survivors and their families on accessing financial products, such as mortgages and insurance, after cancer treatment. This webinar will bring together experts on this topic, as well as the community of young cancer survivors and their families, who are experts by experience. Sharing knowledge and creating the next steps to ensure equality for young cancer survivors is the key aim of this webinar.
Register to attend here:
Join us on the 11th May to discuss issues relating to accessing to financial products, for survivors of childhood/adolescent cancer.
The following speakers will be in attendance:
- Frances Fitzgerald MEP
- Stacey Kiely, Childhood Cancer Survivor
- Rachel Morrogh, Director of Advocacy and External Affairs, Irish Cancer Society
We will be discussing the following topics:
- The financial difficulties faced by young cancer survivors; securing stability through accessing mortgages and insurance.
- What is being done internationally to protect young cancer survivors; an overview of “The Right to be Forgotten”.
- An overview of the results of the Irish Cancer Society’s report on accessing financial products.
- The supports available when facing financial challenges.
Followed by questions and answers.
Everyone with an interest in childhood, adolescent and young adult cancer is welcome.