A cancer diagnosis can be very upsetting, not only for cancer patients themselves, but also for those who love and care for them. Greystones Cancer Support offers one to one counselling with professionally accredited counsellors.
Going for counselling can sound daunting. Why go ?
- Counselling can be both a challenging and rewarding experience.
- It can give you a safe place, where you can explore and express your thoughts, feelings and experiences with support and without judgement.
- Counselling may help you see things differently, help you to find a way through a difficult patch and help you to cope better.
- All our Counsellors are fully and professionally trained, with total confidentiality.
Counselling is becoming much more common and is now available at several GP practices through out Ireland.
It can actually be easier to talk to someone you don’t know, because
- They are not involved in your life.
- They can see your life objectively.
- They will let you talk about anything
- They will keep all information confidential
Please feel free to ring our Centre for arrangements and details.
Our Counselling Team
087 293 4699
Liz offers one-to-one support for those going through bereavement, separation or loss of any kind, from her private practice in Greystones, Co. Wicklow, working with adults and children of all abilities. She is a Creative Arts Therapist with over sixteen years professional experience. She completed a Masters of Science in Bereavement studies with the Irish Hospice Foundation/RCSI in 2017 and is particularly interested in working with grief through the body.
Huub Nagtegaal has a strong interest in helping people with trauma and illness. For over 15 years, I have been involved with various men’s groups and taken a strong interest men’s issues. I have a diploma in psychotherapy (ICCP) and currently practice in Dun Laoghaire.
086 805 9717
Hester Storm has a special interest in working with people who are ill and those who surround them. She is working in the Bray Counselling and Therapy Centre with adults on a one-to-one basis. She holds a postgraduate diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy and is accredited with IAHIP.
Greystones Cancer Supports regrets that it must request a €20 cancellation fee when less than 24 hours notice is given.